1. Promising news on welfare spending as major reforms set for go-ahead (Mark Pack)
Lib Dem blogger Mark Pack is taken with IDS’s proposed tax and benefit changes…
2. Cuts in child benefit to pay for welfare reform (Next Left)
…but Sunder Katwala is not so sure.
3. Kenneth Clarke says double-dip recession ‘can’t be ruled out’ (Observer)
Former chancellor issues bleak warning about progress of economic recovery.
4. David Cameron wraps himself, his Party and his Government in the Union Flag (ConservativeHome)
The Conference slogan – “Together in the National Interest” – isn’t new.
5. Top 100 most influential Right-wingers (Daily Telegraph)
Who wields power on the Right of British politics.