On the eve of conference here’s the first of our week-day readers:
1. Ten questions for conference (Mark Pack)
On free schools, strategy, Trident, the spending review and, at number nine, “Has any minister gone native?”
2. When did Nick Clegg change his mind? (Think Politics)
Mervyn King, Nick Robinson and the pace of deficit cutting.
3. Through coalition, Nick Clegg chose glory in death (Simon Jenkins)
Nick Clegg’s love affair has brought the Liberal Democrats short-term power. But longer term, the deal is a suicide note.
4. Less than 1 in 10 party members support like-for-like Trident replacement (Liberal Democrat Voice)
Interesting poll of 500 Liberal Democrat party members carried out by YouGov for Greenpeace.
5. Clegg has betrayed every Lib Dem voter (Labour Uncut)
….says Lib Dem Councillor as he joins Labour.