The New Statesman is seeking an ambitious, experienced digital editor to lead its online team and build its audience across its many platforms. The ideal candidate will share the New Statesman’s passion for the intelligent exploration of big issues and new developments around its core interests of UK politics, geopolitics, the arts and internet culture. They will also have the vision and drive to help grow online readership as part of the New Statesman’s ongoing digital expansion, and to support the expansion of the New Statesman digital business.
The successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrable passion for UK politics, culture and geopolitics
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of and interest in data journalism
- Excellent time management under tight deadlines
- Experience of managing a small team to achieve great results
- A track record of growing online audience numbers through search, email and social channels
- An understanding of new and cutting edge technologies which will support our digital audience expansion
This is a senior position and a terrific opportunity for a digital specialist to join one of the UK’s most prestigious titles and help build its strong online readership even further.
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to helen @ newstatesman co uk with the subject line “Digital Editor – application”. Please include a covering letter with:
- A brief biography with any relevant experience, or a fuller CV if you prefer (as a PDF or Word document)
- Up to 500 words on the strengths and weaknesses of the New Statesman website, and what you would do with the role.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on 17 June 2016.
The role is a paid, full-time position based in our office in Blackfriars. Salary dependent on experience.