1. Paying Bob Diamond’s tax bill proves very expensive for Barclays (Guardian)
Barclays freely admits that the “tax equalisation” promise will continue, at least into next year, writes Jill Treanor.
2. Just how valuable are trees to a city? (Washington Post)
Quite valuable, writes Brad Plumer.
3. Google rejoins tech’s governance race to bottom (Reuters)
Google is no stranger to bad corporate governance, writes Robert Cyran
4. Facebook is scared of the internet (Financial Times)
It is no wonder that Mark Zuckerberg got so defensive this week, writes John Gapper.
5. Charities in crisis: grab your share of £1bn tax relief to help good causes (Telegraph)
The Chancellor’s move to close loopholes has placed uncertainty over ncentives to support charity, writes Ian Cowie.