1. Why the west should rule out military action against Iran | John Baron MP
The threat of military force heightens tensions and makes a peaceful outcome less likely.
2. An Open Letter to the St Paul’s Protesters | David Allen Green
What is the significance so far of “Occupy LSX”?
3. Sun on Sunday: debut front page | Jon Bernstein
First look at News International’s new Sunday tabloid.
4. David Cameron and the uninvited doctors: that No. 10 guestlist in full | Samira Shackle
Groups that have called for NHS reforms to be scrapped are excluded from special summit on the health bill.
5. The mythical marriage of Iran and al-Qaeda | Mehdi Hasan
Iran Watch, part 2
Sign up to the New Statesman newsletter and get sent the best of the NS online twice a week.