The New Statesman is recruiting a Head of Social to help lead our social team and grow the title’s widening audience. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and ambitious social media journalist to make a real difference at a time of rapid growth for the title.
This leadership role will be responsible for producing and implementing social media strategy for the New Statesman whilst managing a team of two Social Media Editors to get the most engagement possible on our platforms and ultimately drive digital subscriptions.
About the role
- Support and mentor a highly motivated team
- Develop strategies designed to bring engagement and reach targets for unique users and subscriptions
- Ensuring the quality of the social media accounts remains high
- Work across the newsroom to make sure everyone is up-skilled on their social media channels
- Read the analytics daily to decide where to dedicate resources effectively and spot opportunities for growth
- Pitch daily stories based off social media insight to the Head of Audience to commission
- Working closely with the video team to produce social-friendly content
- Learning about and experimenting on new platforms
- Working with InDesign to help create a digital design language
- Worked in a senior newsroom role previously
- Has grown social media channels and traffic in previous roles
- Impeccable organisational skills and time management
- Ability to utilise analytics tools to inform editorial decisions
- Has a working understanding of photoshop tools in order to create digital assets
- Interested in paid social
- Very experienced with InDesign, able to train the rest of the social team
- Experience in management
- Ability to write and edit scripts
- Confident in their capacity to interview live
- Ability to consistently produce sparkling social copy
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. Deadline 20 April.