- Eurozone finance ministers meet, and are expected to approve the second Greek bailout now that the country has fulfilled it requirements by convincing creditors to drop more than €100bn of debt’
- UN World Water Development Report says demand for water is threatening all major development targets.
- World Travel & Tourism Council say that air passenger duty is costing the UK economy billions.
- Centre for Economics & Business Research blame rising commodity prices for a fall in real disposeable income in the UK.
- FSB’s Voice of Small Business Index released.
- Annual review of the inflation basket. Previous years have seen the introduction of Blu-ray players and flatscreen TV’s, and the merging of “women’s trousers” and “women’s skirts”.
- OECD harmonised unemployment rates; released the day before the UK’s own unemployment figures, these serve as a useful international comparator.
- Department for Communities and Local Government release their house price index. The only government-collated house price index, these will be the figures to use to examine the NewBuy program.
- ONS releases the UK trade figures.
- UK unemployment figures released. Expected to show a rise in unemployment and youth unemployment.
- Mark Hoban, Financial Secretary, will be up in front of the European Scrutiny Committee talking about the eurozone debt crisis.
- Consumer Credit Counselling Service will release their annual statistical yearbook. Personal debt has fallen out of the spotlight, but there’s growing consensus that if there is another debt crisis, this is the sector it will fall upon.
- Lord Turner, chairman of the FSA, will interviewed by the Treasury Select Committee about mortgages.
- OECD launch their report on the medium term environmental outlook.
- IEA host a discussion on the return to the gold standard, 6:30pm, London.
- Debate on lowering the price of motherhood at the Resolution Foundation, 10:30am, London.
- IMF board to discuss the second Greek bailout.
- Financial policy committee of the Bank of England to meet.
- Japan releases its monthly economic report.