Opinionomics | 21 May 2012
Must-read comment and analysis. The rapidly receding chance of everything being alright in the Euroz
1. The euro is ripe for creative destruction (Guardian)
The realistic options for the euro are that it breaks up or staggers on in a zombie-like condition, writes Larry Elliott
2. The Facebook IPO Was Reverse Quantitative Easing (Business Insider | Money Game)
Joe Weisenthal looks at what happens when billions of dollars of cash are removed from the economy.
3. We need more and better data, not less (CalculatedRisk)
CalculatedRisk defend the Census against Republicans who would defund it.
4. The economy: a calamitous strategy, with no end in sight (Observer)
At heart is a complete failure to understand why the financial crisis took place, says the Observer in a leader.
5. Fighting Climate Change With Low-Tech Tools (Bloomberg View)
How privatising nuclear reactors helped stop climate change.