Opinionomics | 24 April 2012
Must-read comment and analysis. Featuring Hollande and Holland.
1. A bigger IMF war chest (Economist | Free Exchange)
Ryan Avent writes on whether the IMF's $1trn firewall can help the Eurozone.
2. High Tax Rates Won't Slow Growth (Wall Street Journal)
Peter Diamond and Emmanuel Saez argue that tax rates of between 50 and 70 per cent (taking into account things like national insurance) don't harm growth at all.
3. President Hollande and the IMF (BBC News)
Stephanie Flanders writes that financiers aren't particularly concerned about an Hollande presidency.
4. European turmoil, American collateral (Guardian)
Robin Wells writes about the effect of the Eurozone crisis on the US.
5. What's driving inequality? (Salon)
James K. Galbraith assesses Timothy Noah's book The Great Divergence.