1. Dependency cultures (Economist | Graphic Detail)
What distinguishes countries with a spiking bond yield from those without? Graphic Detail suggests that it may be proportion of foreign investment. Their chart could do with a few more data points, though…
2. Bryan Caplan’s signaling model and on-line education (Marginal Revolution)
Tyler Cowen applies an interesting (though wonkish) discussion to the topic of online education.
3. The Daily Melody (Economic Principals)
David Warsh looks at the economics of the newspaper industry.
4. Ed Miliband has saved the union link (LabourList)
Mark Ferguson looks at the fallout from Ed Miliband's attempt to take the lead on party funding.
5. Abolish budgets (Stumbling and Mumbling)
Chris Dillow wants to abolish the budget. Go for it!