Opinionomics | 30 March 2012
Must read analysis and comment. Featuring Spanish conservatives and an economist bust-up.
1. Forever Delayed: Business Investment (ToUChstone)
Duncan Wheldon shows how business investment is always two years in the future; any deficit reduction plan which relies on it picking up again without explaining why it will do so is fighting an uphill battle.
2. HMRC now subscribes to La-La Laffer and to the idea that companies don’t pay tax (Tax Research UK)
Richard Murphy presents one side of the argument on corporation taxes...
3. @richardjmurphy *still* doesn’t get friggin’ tax incidence (Tim Worstall)
...And Tim Worstall presents the other.
4. Conservative government still has a chance to get it right on fiscal policy (Not the Treasury view)
(It's about Spain)
5. Copyright stagnation (Offsetting Behaviour)
Eric Crampton with a killer graph showing the effects of copyright on availability.