The New Statesman is seeking a creative artworker. Reporting to the head of production and working closely with the creative team, you’ll produce the pages on the New Statesman weekly magazine and supplements, as well as a range of material for the commercial, events and marketing teams.
This offers an exciting opportunity to work on a leading politics & culture title during a period of expansion.
You will have at least two years’ experience in magazine production, excellent Adobe skills, especially InDesign and Photoshop, a great eye for detail, and will be willing to work late one night a week.
An ideal candidate will show evidence of print and digital proficiency, with strong examples of infographic design. Experience in magazine production is essential – monthly or weekly titles ideal.
– Managing editorial and advertising pages in the New Statesman magazine and supplements
– Putting magazines and supplements to press with the head of production, including pre-press checks and liaising with printer
– All ad production
– Managing the design templates and ensuring correct use
– Flowing and art-working editorial pages from the appropriate template, adjusting layouts when necessary
– Using CMS to upload ads to app
– Two+ years’ experience in magazine design/production
– Experience with artworking and pre-press production processes
– Ability to create/process ad artwork and liaise directly with clients
– An understanding of advertising theory
– Confidence in independently taking magazine from template to print-ready product
– Detailed understanding of InDesign templates (master pages/paragraph styles/GREP styles…)
– Strong InDesign and Photoshop skills, good Illustrator and infographic skills
– Meticulous eye for detail
Send cover letter, CV, and low-res portfolio to the head of production Peter Williams at email@example.com