Last night, Twitter announced it was closing its six-second video-sharing platform Vine, without really giving a reason why. Although it’s evident that the company is now desperate to save some pennies, many are decrying the death of a platform which hosted such vibrant, original content.
Not us. What we’ll miss most about Vine is the opportunity to endlessly watch politicans pulling funny facial expressions on loop.
In memory of our fallen soldier, here are the best political Vines of our time. Gone from our screens, but not from our hearts. Not from our hearts.
1. School children refusing to pass the ball to George Osborne
2. Ed Miliband flashing a sexy smile
3. Ed Miliband flashing a sexy fake smile
4. Nick Clegg greeting fine upstanding members of the public
5. Jeremy Corbyn laying down the law
6. Sadiq Khan practicing a pout and a wink
7. Michael Gove taking a tumble
8. George Osborne sending a signal to his Lizard People
9. George Osborne practising a smile after reading the Lizard People Manual
10. David Cameron attempting a Scottish accent
11. Ed Miliband telling Russell Brand he is just, like, wrong