The Events and Public Affairs Coordinator is responsible for working with the Events Team to deliver the New Statesman’s annual events programme. Events include but are not limited to; roundtables, fringes, public debates, breakfast briefings, conferences, awards and media partnerships with festivals.
Events and Public Affairs Coordinator Responsibility
You will liaise with the NS Editorial and Sales Teams on a regular basis to ensure the successful delivery of each event.
You will accurately interpret the event brief, research and recommend topics for discussion/debate and recommend appropriate attendees/panellists at these events. You will prepare background information on the event to invite attendees including MPs, think tanks and industry leaders and prepare briefing documents in the lead up to the event. The role will also be responsible for accurate coordination including booking the venue and catering be at the event to oversee proceedings.
Skills and Ability
- Two – three year’s experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work within a team and assist team members
- Strong computer literacy (particularly Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong communication skills and the ability to discuss event concepts with clients/stakeholders, suppliers and colleagues
- Enthusiasm for networking particularly in the political arena
Please apply with a CV and a covering letter to Events Director Edwina Dowling (Edwina.Dowling@progressivemediagroup.com).