Just a quick post to let you know that we’ll briefly be downing tools over the Christmas period. Normal service will resume on Tuesday 27 December.
Copies of our Christmas issue, guest-edited by Richard Dawkins, are available here.
Happy Christmas and thanks for all your comments this year.
Here are five Staggers posts worth revisiting from the past week.
1. Clegg dials up differentiation
Wounded over Europe, the Lib Dems are accelerating their strategy for looking and sounding unlike Tories in coalition. By Rafael Behr
2. Who will lead the campaign to save the Union?
Gus O’Donnell is right to warn that the future of the UK is an “enormous challenge”. By George Eaton
3. Why we won’t back down on public sector pensions
Contrary to the coalition’s spin, ministers have consistently refused to negotiate. By Mark Serwotka
4. Why has the left neglected the Tamils of Sri Lanka?
Human tragedy on this South Asian island is all but ignored. By Emanuel Stoakes
5. The ‘phone hacking’ was despicable, but it wasn’t hacking
Private investigators hired by tabloids were ‘blaggers’, not hackers. By Jason Stamper