Opinionomics | 17 May 2012
Must-read comment and analysis. Bank jogging our way to Grexit. Yes, that's a real sentence.
1. Going, going, gone? (Economist | Free Exchange)
Ryan Avent writes on the Greek bank jog (like a bank run, but slower).
2. Boehner’s debt ceiling crisis would be so much worse than you think (Washington Post | Wonkblog)
Ezra Klein argues that if America does have another debt ceiling showdown, then everything will have already gone horribly wrong to get to that point
3. Watch deposit flight, not the eurocrats (BBC News)
Paul Mason presents another angle on the bank jog...
4. Plug-pulling in Athens (FT alphaville)
As does Joseph Cotterill. It's pretty important.
5. Does JP Morgan loss show regulators' great failure? (BBC News)
Robert Peston writes on Jamie Dimon and the London Whale