International Managing Editor
About the Role:
The New Statesman is recruiting an International Managing Editor for the next stage of its ambitious international expansion. S/he will report to the International Editor and will play the central day-to-day coordinating role in the growing team – and work with the International Editor to devise and execute the next phase of the New Statesman’s international strategy.
· Managing a growing team of international correspondents and junior editors
· Building and refining the network of external contributors
· Leading the international commissioning and editing pipeline
· Editing and commissioning pieces
· Coordinating international newsletters and multimedia content
· Constantly honing the quality of international output (style, arguments, headlines, images)
· Playing a central role in analysing audiences and planning future strategy
· Helping to plan, make and integrate further hires into the growing team
· The successful candidate will have extensive experience of commissioning and editing, of managing others, and of writing world-class international affairs journalism.
· Experience of coordinating audio-visual content, managing newsletters and planning media strategy are all highly beneficial. So too are foreign language skills and experience reporting from or living in multiple countries.
· But most important of all are ambition for the New Statesman, a commitment to reaching intelligent and engaged international audiences and a fascination with the ideas shaping the modern world.
Skills & Experience:
· Editorial judgment
· Team management
· Commissioning articles
· Editing articles
· Public speaking/broadcast
· International affairs
· Media planning and strategy
Full time, permanent – Temporarily remote
To apply, please email a short critique of the New Statesman and a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@ns-mediagroup.com by 9 July