In this week’s New Statesman, Laurie Penny goes inside the student movement and finds a group battling to find new methods of resistance. Elsewhere, Samira Shackle meets the leaders of UK Uncut and Jody McIntyre, who was tipped out of his wheelchair by police officers at a recent demonstration, says protesters should fear for their safety.
Here we feature ten other creative campaigns for change. Please feel free to comment on our inclusions, and to point to anything or any campaigns that you feel we might have missed.
1. Afrobeat | 1960s-1980s
2. Honeymoon “bed-in” for peace | 1969
3. PETA | 1981 to present
4. Fathers 4 Justice | 2003
5. Avaaz.org | 2007
6. WWF Parisian Pandas | 2008
7. Paris protests against university reforms | 2009
8. Greenpeace scales Mount Rushmore | 2009
9. French Farmers Union | 2010
10. Stony Stratford Library| 2011