1. Evidence of Nominal Wage Rigidities (Mark Thoma)
Everyone in economics knows one thing: Wages are sticky. It’s hard to cut them. How hard? Thoma finds the evidence.
2. What happened at Groupon? (Felix Salmon)
Felix suggests one reason – beyond their borderline Ponzi-scheme accounting – why Groupon may be having problems
3. Welcome to Ikea-land: Furniture giant begins urban planning project (The Globe and Mail)
Ikea is building a ten-acre housing development in the Olympic Park in London, which will be an all-rental private neighbourhood.
4. The FDA approach to regulation (Economist | Free Exchange)
A.C.S. argues that the desire to make the SEC more like the FDA is mistaken…
5. Default Rules and Regulatory Agency Design (Slate | Moneybox)
…While Matt Yglesias disagrees.