The New Statesman is looking for a journalist to edit its award-winning politics blog The Staggers.
Applicants must have:
- An excellent understanding of Westminster politics.
- The ability to write quick and clear analysis of major political news.
- Experience of using social media to promote stories.
- A willingness to work early/late starts and weekends as required.
There will be opportunities to contribute to the New Statesman magazine
If you are interested in applying, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Staggers editor - application". Please include a covering letter with:
- A brief biography with any relevant experience, or a fuller CV if you prefer (as a PDF or Word document)
- A list of your five best pieces on British politics.
The deadline for applications is 12pm on 19 May.
The role is a paid, full-time position based in our office in Blackfriars. Salary dependent on experience.