1. Tea Party can thank the sun for success  (Bloomberg View)
Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers write about an interesting finding to do with the original Tea Party protests in 2009.
2. We need more housing urgently, but not at any cost  (Guardian)
The government must resist the anti-development lobby to get more houses built and use local councils to drive change, writes Peter Hetherington.
3. Mystery over delay in top-rate tax cut  (BBC)
Robert Peston mulls over the possiblity of the cut in income tax being delayed.
4. Let’s say it now – general anti-avoidance rules increase certainty and are good for honest business  (Tax Research UK)
Richard Murphy comes out to bat for a general anti-avoidance rule (which he doesn't think will be in the budget).
5. World GDP  (Graphic Detail)
The world’s economic growth continued to slow in the final quarter of 2011, as Graphic Detail shows.