1. Robin van Persie & the cost of inequality  (Stumbling and Mumbling)
Chris Dillow addresses the two great issues of our age: what impact does inequality have upon economic performance? and: should Arsenal give Robin van Persie a massive pay rise to hold onto him?
2. Ignorance, Hatred, and the Agency Problem In Representative Politics  (Slate Moneybox)
Matt Yglesias suggests that the terrible pool of Republican candidates is an ingenious, accidental, response to the principal-agent problem.
3. The worst of all worlds  (Economist)
Free Exchange examine America's growthless recovery.
4. Buy new iPad. Flip over. Understand U.S.-China economics  (Bloomberg)
The new iPad provides a one-item example of comparative advantage.
5. Budget 2012: Osborne must help the squeezed middle and tax the top  (Guardian)
David Laws and Tim Farron make their push for what the Lib Dems want to see in the budget.