1. Shamik Das at Left Foot Forward reveals that a Tory press release claiming that the Ministry of Justice has banned tinsel was a hoax.
2. At LabourList, Oli de Botton discusses the news that white working-class boys are falling behind in school, and the problems this poses for progressives.
3. Liberal Democrat Voice has opinions from Iain Roberts and Neil Stockley on the second anniversary of Nick Clegg's leadership, plus an analysis of his poll ratings .
4. Peter Hoskin at Coffee House makes the case (from the right) for John Hutton as a "hero" of New Labour.
5. Should Labour apologise for its mistakes? Andrew Sparrow of the Guardian summarises the arguments.
Follow the New Statesman team on Twitter