1. Cutting red tape and taxes will not revive Britain  (Guardian)
Without completely rebuilding its economic model, the future of the British economy is bleak, writes Ha-Joon Chang.
2. What makes health-care and education costs similar to each other — and unlike anything else  Washington Post | Wonkblog)
Ezra Klein looks at the similarities between health care and higher education. Are costs for both spiralling out of control because of government intervention – or despite it?
3. Lloyds almost off addiction to taxpayer loans  (BBC News)
Robert Peston writes about the good news for taxpayers in Lloyds' latest results.
4. Economy Face Off: Ron Paul vs Paul Krugman  (Bloomberg)
Twenty minutes of Paul v Paul. It's like a clash of the titans, if one of the titans wasn't actually a titan but just had a lot of people on the internet who thought he was.
5. No alternative to austerity  (Financial Times)
Gideon Rachman sticks his head in the sand.