1. Is ‘Fiscal Cliff’ a Keynesian Topography Mistake?  (Bloomberg View)
Caroline Baum presents a very monetarist view of the "fiscal cliff"  – is it even an issue?
2. Can national statistics be self-fulfilling?  (Reuters)
Felix Salmon looks at the possibility that by declaring recession, we now may be inevitably in a recession.
3. Ben Bernanke vs. Paul Krugman  (Washington Post | Wonkblog)
Ezra Klein acts as an impartial adjudicator in the battle between two American heavyweights.
4. The Coalition has failed. There is an alternative. Can Ed Miliband be its champion?  (Independent)
Owen Jones argues for a convincing left-wing alternative to the coalition's economic dogma.
5. Death of a Fairy Tale  (New York Times)
Paul Krugman celebrates the death of austerity.