1. Lazard investors getting two for the price of one  (Reuters)
Lazard shareholders are getting two businesses for the price of one, writes Antony Currie.
2. Shareholder rage at bank pay reaches tipping point  (Reuters)
Bank investors’ anger at bank pay is boiling over, writes George Hay.
3. The power of Bobtimism (Schumpeter)
Barclay's chairman fails to scintillate, writes Schumpeter.
4. Money won’t decide the next president. But it may decide the next Congress. (Washington Post)
Money is least useful in contests where news coverage is most intense and opinions are most entrenched, writes Ezra Klein.
5. How’s the world doing on its climate goals? Not so well . (Washington Post)
Aside from a recent boom in wind and solar power, the world isn’t making much progress, writes Brad Plumer.