Paul Ryan hunts catfish with his bare hands
Five things you didn't know about Romney's running mate.
1. Much like another recent Republican running mate, he very much enjoys killing animals for fun, though unlike Palin he does it with a bow and arrow, or, when after catfish, with his bare hands. The catfish technique involves thrusting a fist down their throats. Endearingly old-fashioned? Macho? Psychopathic? Too early to call.
2. Ok, maybe it's the macho one. Ryan frequently sleeps in the office overnight to save time, and in 2010 lead P90X intense fitness routines on Capitol Hill for colleagues. He also "does his own skinning and butchering and makes his own Polish sausage and bratwurst," according to his wedding announcement.
3. At 42, he's the same age as Romney's son Tagg, which must be odd for both of them.
4. He was voted "Biggest Brown-Noser" at school.
5. He avoids reporters by listening to Beethoven really loudly on his iPod. He also likes Rage Against the Machine and Led Zeppelin.