Show Hide image

Technip lands services contract for Ichthys FPSO unit

The project will be located in the Browse Basin, western Australia.

Technip has secured a services contract for the Ichthys floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) unit, which will be located in the Browse Basin in western Australia at a water depth of 250 metres.

This contract will be executed by the the French oil services company’s operating centre in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Technip will provide these services to Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering.

The Ichthys field is operated by the Japanese oil and gas explorer Inpex, which has a 76 per cent interest. The remaining 24 per cent interest is held by Total E&P Australia.

The contract covers engineering and procurement assistance and surface installations allowing the drilling, production and processing of offshore hydrocarbons.

Gas from the Ichthys field will undergo preliminary processing offshore to remove water and extract condensate.  The condensate will be pumped to the FPSO facility anchored nearby, from which it will be transferred to tankers for delivery to markets. The gas will then be exported to onshore processing facilities in Darwin via an 889 kilometre subsea pipeline.

The Ichthys LNG project is expected to produce 8.4 million tonnes of LNG and 1.6 million tonnes of LPG per annum, along with approximately 100,000 barrels of condensate per day at peak.

With presence in 48 countries, Technip has industrial assets on all continents and operates a fleet of specialised vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.