1. The main-street Republican values of ... Burning Man? (Washington Post)
Underneath it all is “old-fashioned capitalism", writes Suzy Khimm.
2. Shareholder rebels with a cause (Guardian)
From Aviva to UBS, shareholders are voting against boardroom pay deals at underperforming firms. Now make them binding, writes Nils Pratley.
3. Dependence on Facebook spreads beyond its users (Reuters)
It’s not just social networking junkies that have grown reliant on Mark Zuckerberg’s website creation, writes Robert Cyran.
4. United Technologies, quietly teaching a lesson (Washington Post)
Sometimes big companies actually do good things for their employees during bad times, writes Allan Sloan.
5. No longer price-less (Schumpeter)
Facebook is certainly a special company, but does that mean it merits a potential valuation which puts it in the same league as Amazon? Perhaps, writes Schumpeter.