Web Only: the best of the blogs
Today's five must-read blogs, on the 2012 London mayoral race, the electoral system and the Taxpayer
1. At LabourList, Will Straw discusses the threat that the right-wing network of sceptics and deniers poses to the environmental movement.
2. Sunder Katwala of Liberal Conspiracy casts doubt on the possibility of Boris Johnson ducking out of the 2012 London mayoral race in order to pursue the Conservative leadership.
3. Meanwhile, David Hughes at the Telegraph speculates that Lord Mandelson could put himself forward for the position of London mayor.
4. David Cameron's plan to remove anti-Tory bias from the electoral system by cutting the number of MPs by 65 "won't work", according to two academic studies. Andrew Sparrow at the Guardian discusses the arguments.
5. Stephen Tall at Liberal Democrat Voice mounts a (partial) defence of the Taxpayers' Alliance.