Those of us who are curious enough to find a "winning formula" for success in this world engage ourselves in all sorts of activities such as observation, investigation, evaluation and so on. This in turn leads to selecting from the options made available as a result of these activities attempted. It is definitely worth mentioning that these activities lead us to choose what "winning formula" we put into practice. We keep on trying and tweaking whatever options we select until it proves to be deemed as a "winning formula" to us.
Guess what, the Quran claims to inform us on the system of this world, for we are informed as per the Quran that God is the initiator of this world and designed a system therein.
So let us examine some of the claims of this system:
- The Absolute Authority is in full control of the system, also known as the best provider, protector and supporter.
- The Absolute Authority endorses divine law whereby no human can make illegal such laws.
- Law and guidance is delivered to the human inhabitants of this world via messengers chosen by the absolute authority.
- The messengers’ role is to deliver this message, and choose to follow it for their own individual good.
- The essence of the message is the same- One Absolute Authority to revere (i.e. God, The Almighty, The Creator, The Most High etc.), other than this is detrimental to the human.
- Humans are allowed ‘freedom of choice’ to willingly believe or disbelieve in God, however, with this freedom comes the responsibility.
- This world is temporary, and death is inevitable for humans, however, there is a hereafter of eternity in heaven or hell.
- No nation or community is destroyed without prior warnings.
- Tribulation directly incurred should trigger a change in the human condition to ponder and do better, and more importantly turn to God.
- Humans are rewarded for being obedient, steadfast, persevering, patient, calm, honest, humble, truthful, equitable, charitable etc.
- Humans with the abovementioned traits maintained are always in the minority.
- Humans are given a lifetime opportunity to do better and develop their essence.
Do we think these claims stand up to some scrutiny? Well, I think it does, and please ponder on the following:
- We are informed to trace back homage to the only one whom homage is truly due.
- We are informed to follow the source of inspiration, and not the inspired to go no wrong.
- We are informed to play our individual part, however, it is not our responsibility to try to save the world.
- We are informed to submit to the absolute authority and His divine law in order to be in harmony with the system of this world.
Regardless of this straightforward and clear account, many of those who call themselves Muslims and should know better about God and His system as per the Quran are second guessing and even worse attributing lies, or rejecting and disregarding His system. Can we blame anyone but ourselves, if we use up this opportunity to develop as humans to second guess whom God will or will not punish, whose prayers will be answered, how long is long as per the dress code or beard of others and so on?