Opinionomics | 22 May 2012
Must-read comment and analysis. Featuring almost no Eurozone, for once.
1. Trade, not aid, is what improves life in the third world (Telegraph)
Tim Worstall argues that the Millennium Villages Project hasn't done a whole lot of good for the money.
2. Greek Voters Need to Look Beyond Syriza’s Dangerous Lies (Bloomberg View)
Bloomberg editorialises against Alexis Tsipras. Not entirely surprising.
3. Kickstarted: my conversation with Kickstarter founder Perry Chen (paidContent)
Om Malik talks crowdfunding.
4. Licensed To Decorate (Slate)
Taxes don't kill entrepreneurship. Crazy licensing rules do, writes Matt Yglesias.
5. The commencement address that won’t be given (The Berkeley Blog)
Robert Reich tells graduates: "You’re f*cked."