1. The cost of cancer care (Washington Post | Wonkblog)
A new study throws light on the cost variation within the American health system.
2. Cameron’s economically irrational Right to Buy relaunch won’t solve housing crisis (Left Foot Forward)
Kevin Gulliver lambasts the Right to Buy program.
3. German Ideology, EMU, and the Wolfson break-up Prize (Telegraph)
Ambrose Evans-Pritchard runs through the entries to the Wolfson Prize. We prefer the Euro Pizza Plan.
4. U.S. Economy Needs Stimulus, Not Soothsayers (Bloomberg View)
Via Freakanomics, Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers say the unsayable – economists aren't very good at guessing where the economy is going.
5. “The FSA is not about justice, it’s about justifying their existence.” Discuss (Financial Times | Alphaville)
Paul Murphy defends Ian Hannam against the FSA.