Opinionomics | 25 April 2012
Must-read comment and analysis. Featuring austerity, double-dips, and space.
1. How Planetary Resources Can Make a Profit (Forbes)
Tim Worstall tackles the problem Planetary Resources has - once they bring down all that platinum, platinum stops being as valuable.
2. To bin or not to bin the FTT (Financial Times | alphaville)
Masa Serdarevic argues out that the UK not joining the FTT if the rest of Europe starts one would be terrible for the City.
3. Why Are Donations to Government So Small? (Library of Economics and Liberty)
Bryan Caplan argues that most people think "that there are better and more efficient ways of using their money to help other people than giving it to government."
4. The Chancellor must ignore this double-dip recession (Telegraph)
Jeremy Warner calls for Osborne to tie himself to the mast of the good ship Austerity.
5. People Are Finally Figuring Out: Austerity is Stupid (The Bonddad Blog)
And Hale Stewart points out that that would be a terrible idea.