The 10 most ridiculous Apple iOS 6 map mistakes
The stretched Eiffel Tower and the vanishing Tokyo station: Apple's new maps don't work too well.
Apple's new mapping service for the iPhone, which is part of its operating system update, is provoking a huge backlash from users, as the system makes mistake after mistake.
Here are ten of the most ridiculous.
1. They shrank the Sears Tower in Chicago:
2. The Manhattan end of the Brooklyn Bridge looks like it's had a bit of an accident:
3. They messed up their image of an Apple store (terrible advertising):
4. Helsinki now has a railway station in the park:
5. A greenfield site in Dublin called "Airfield" has been labelled as as an airport:
(Image from Gavan Reilly/TheJournal.ie)
6. A search for "London" sometimes brings you to the one in Canada:
7. Paddington station's gone:
8. Doncaster is now only searchable as "Duncaster":
9. Tokyo station is no more:
10. And the Eiffel Tower looks kinda odd:
It seems Apple is taking "think different" to another level.