Other people's business, Monday 2 March
Of lottery winners and rogue traders.
1. Wave in the drones: Natural interactions (Babbage)
Researchers are teaching drones to understand human gestures, writes Babbage.
2. Lottery mania behavioral quirk also causes bubbles (Reuters)
The millions of Americans lining up for the record $540-million Mega Millions jackpot have alot in common with rogue traders on Wall Street, writes Martin Hutchinson.
3. Difference engine: Free is too expensive (Babbage)
The most recent Linux release, has been the most frustrating yet, writes Babbage.
4. Bond Girl: A story of women on Wall Street (Washington Post)
Michelle Singlary reviews Erin Duffy's new book.
5. Value Added (Washington Post)
Ballston firm APT battles tech giants Microsoft, Google and Facebook for workers — and wins, writes Thomas Heath.
More from New Statesman
- Online writers:
- Steven Baxter
- Rowenna Davis
- David Allen Green
- Mehdi Hasan
- Nelson Jones
- Gavin Kelly
- Helen Lewis
- Laurie Penny
- The V Spot
- Alex Hern
- Martha Gill
- Alan White
- Samira Shackle
- Alex Andreou
- Nicky Woolf in America
- Bim Adewunmi
- Kate Mossman on pop
- Ryan Gilbey on Film
- Martin Robbins
- Rafael Behr
- Eleanor Margolis