The New Statesman is hiring an Events Manager who will be responsible for working with the Events Team to deliver the Progressive Media annual programme of events; with a particular focus on New Statesman as well as the design titles Blueprint and FX.
This a full-time paid job based in our office in Blackfriars, with a salary to be determined depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be passionate and enthusiastic about events with strong attention to detail and organisational skills. They will be experienced in delivering a range of events including conferences, awards, fringe events and receptions. A political or public affairs background would be advantageous. The Events Manager will report to the Director of Events, liaise with the editorial and sales teams and work closely with the Partnerships and Events Assistant to deliver the programme.
The ideal candidate will:
- Coordinate and deliver all events within set timescales and budgets
- Provide creative input, initiate new ideas and discuss themes to engage with the appropriate target audience
- Work in conjunction with the TV/Film crew, digital, PR and brand/marketing teams to ensure the events reach maximum potential in terms of brand awareness and audience reach
- Brief/source/liaise and manage appropriate third party suppliers
- Carry out all event administrative duties,
- Be present on site and project management during the set up/event and de-rig periods
Please apply with a CV and a covering letter to Andy Pilbeam, Recruitment Manager, Progressive Digital Media Group email@example.com by Friday 31 January at 5pm.